Full-Time Commercial Part 141 - International Student Program
For the sole purpose of enrollment at Orange County Flight Center, (OCFC), an International Student is defined as a prospective student for admission at OCFC who is a foreign national, domiciled in a country other than the United States of America and who is neither a citizen, permanent resident nor has a valid non-immigrant visa that permits him/her to reside and/or be employed in the United States.
Further ALL non-US citizens including permanent residents and non-immigrant visa holders must be TSA approved prior to commencing flight training at OCFC.
- You must be at least 17 years old;
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- You must be proficient in the English language.
- You must hold a valid passport valid for at least 6 months prior to expiration.
- You will need to apply for and obtain a valid M1 visa to attend flight training at OCFC prior to your arrival in the United States.
- You must be able to provide evidence of funds to establish your ability to pay the requisite fees for the flight training at OCFC.
- You must be able to obtain an FAA medical certificate.
- You must be available to be a full-time student for the program registered for at OCFC.
The Enrollment Process
Download, Print the OCFC International Student Enrollment Application Form.
Complete the OCFC International Student Enrollment Application Form and attach the following documents/fees:
- Application and processing fee of $550.00.
- A copy of valid international passport issued by the government of your country.
- A copy of you high School certificate/graduation.
- A copy of a bank statement establishing proof of financial
means to fund your flight training, living expenses including accommodation while training at OCFC.
Mail your completed application along with your application and processing fee and requisite documents (1-4 above) to Orange County Flight Center, John Wayne Airport Campus, 19531 Campus Drive, #4, Santa Ana, CA 91364.
Once you receive your Form I-20, you will need to log onto SEVIS and pay your I-901 fee. Please note that the information you enter on the Form I-901 must match exactly as is shown on The Form I-20. To pay the SEVIS I-20 fee online please visit www.fmjfee.com. Please check SEVIS website for up-to-date Pricing at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/paying-the-i-901-sevis-fee.
OCFC Uses the Following Applications
- King School companion App
- Cessna Companion App for iPad
- ForeFlight Business Pro including
- oreFlight Logbook
- Schedule Pointe
Aircraft Renter's Insurance
While OCFC training aircraft are fully insured ALL students are expected to maintain their own liability and hull insurance as much as the student can afford.
All OCFC students will be provided with OCFC shirts to be worn during all active training.
Student Lockers will be made available to all students between 8am to 8pm.
At all times students are expected to maintain good hygiene. Hand sanitizers are provided at various locations at OCFC and masks are available for free upon request at OCFC dispatch counters.