Commercial Pilot Rating
Earning Your Rating
The Commercial Pilot Rating allows a pilot to accept payment for transporting passengers or cargo (when complying with FAR PART 135 or 121.) The certificate is required for other pilot positions such as flight instruction, banner towing, and aerial photography.
The certificate never expires. Training may be accomplished in any of our glass panel, Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA). This training fine tunes piloting skills. Minimum age requirement is 18 years and the course, based on 2-3 sessions per week, is normally about two months.
Flight Training Sequence
- Complex airplane
- Advanced ground reference maneuvers
- Advanced takeoffs and landings
- Advanced flight maneuvers
- Extended cross-county flying
- Review for the FAA written test
- Review for the FAA checkride