OCFC Aircraft Rental
Aircraft Rental Requirements
You must meet the following criteria to rent with OCFC:
- Minimum Private Pilot License. (Student Pilots under the direction of an OCFC Instructor.)
- Possess a current Pilot certificate.
- Possess a current Medical Certificate.
- Have a current Flight Review endorsement on file.
- Complete an aircraft checkout with an OCFC Instructor.
- A night currency checkout with an OCFC Instructor is required for any night operation.
- A lapse of 90 days since flying an OCFC aircraft requires an additional flight with an OCFC Instructor.
- An instrument currency/proficiency check with an OCFC Instructor is required for flights in IFR conditions.
- A Catalina and Big Bear checkout with an OCFC Instructor is required for pilots who want to fly to these destinations.
- Must have aircraft rental insurance.
- Must complete OCFC Rental Agreement.
Cancellations / Minimums
Cancellations not received at least 24 hours in advance will be assessed half of the minimum time requirements. Minimums for overnight rental: 2 hours flight time per day/ weekdays, 3 hours flight time per day/ weekends. Minimums also apply for scheduling an aircraft 8 hours or more per day.